Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Review

Spring 2015, April

Topic: Book Review
Book: Paper Towns 
Author: John Green 
Rating: 4/5
 
 



Paper Towns is by the same author of the popular The Fault in Our Stars. I didn't like TFIOS book or movie but I did like this book.
 

Summary:

It starts off with a prologue. The main character, Quentin Jacobsen, and his friend Margo Roth Spiegelman are nine years old and very good friends. While biking in the woods, they find a dead person, who later Margo finds out had committed suicide. Margo takes two steps forward while Quentin takes two steps back. This shows that Margo wants to know why there is a dead guy in the woods, whereas Quentin is unsure if they should even be looking at the dead body. When they get back home, Margo goes around the neighborhood asking if anyone knew who the dead guy was. Meanwhile Quentin just wants to forget that experience.

The story officially begins when Quentin, or Q, is a senior in high school and is just two weeks away from graduating. Prom is approaching but Q doesn't want to go. He is afraid that he will get rejected because he is smart but not popular, whereas Margo is popular and has a date. Q and Margo are no longer friends but they are next door neighbors. Then, one night Margo comes into Q's room and asks him to help her with ten pranks. Q agrees to drive Margo and help her take care of all her "errands" that they have to run. The next day Margo isn't at school. Her parents say that she has run away. Q hears Margo's parents tell his parents that she leaves clues as to where she is but they aren't very helpful. Q then decides that he will try to find Margo and he starts looking for clues. After trying unsuccessfully, Q almost gives up then finds a clue as to where Margo was recently. He locates her with the help of his friends, Radar, Ben, and Lacey and they go on a long drive to find Margo. 

Review:

I loved this book a lot and read it very quickly. It was by far my favorite book written by John Green. I have read some other books by him such as Looking for Alaska, Will Grayson, Will Grayson, and of course The Fault in Our Stars. I thought this was the best out of his other works because you really got to know what the main characters' personality were and the plot was well thought out. I liked that it made me think and I loved how there was mystery at every page you turn. Also the book was very suspenseful and it felt like I was actually in the story.

 
Overall Rating:
 
Overall, I thought that Paper Towns was a good book and I definitely recommend it to people who like John Green but haven't read this book. It's well written but I would advise you to read it before the movie comes out this summer.

I really want to read John Green's other books but I have a huge list of books that I want to read now so maybe if they're as good as his other ones, I might read it now. Let me know in the comments. 
 
 
                         Thanks for reading,
                                 J

3 comments:

  1. tell us what you guys thought of the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I liked it alot. I also have to agree with you it was his best book. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete